If you`re an employer looking to temporarily transfer an employee to another department or company, a secondment agreement is an essential document to have. It lays out the terms and conditions of the secondment, including the duration, responsibilities, and any benefits or compensation the employee may receive.
To help you get started, here is a sample employee secondment agreement:
Employee Secondment Agreement
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is made between [Company Name], a [State] corporation with its principal place of business at [Address] (“the Company”), and [Employee Name], an employee of the Company with a base employment location at [Address] (“the Employee”).
1. Purpose of Secondment. The Company has determined that it would be beneficial for the Employee to be seconded to [Department/Company Name] for the purpose of [Reason for Secondment]. The Employee agrees to accept this secondment and to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in this Agreement.
2. Duration of Secondment. The Employee will be seconded to [Department/Company Name] for a period of [Duration of Secondment] starting on [Start Date] and ending on [End Date].
3. Employee`s Responsibilities. While on secondment, the Employee will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
[List of duties and responsibilities]
4. Compensation and Benefits. During the secondment, the Employee will receive the same base salary, benefits, and other compensation as when employed by the Company. The Employee will also be eligible for any benefits provided by [Department/Company Name] during the secondment period.
5. Confidentiality and Proprietary Information. The Employee agrees to maintain the confidentiality of all proprietary information and trade secrets of the Company and [Department/Company Name], and to not use or disclose any such information during or after the secondment period.
6. Termination of Secondment. Either party may terminate the secondment at any time for any reason upon [Notice Period] days` written notice to the other party. In the event of termination, the Employee will return to their base employment location at the Company.
7. Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of [State].
8. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, understandings, and agreements, whether written or oral.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date and year first above written.
[Signature line for Company]
[Signature line for Employee]
By signing below, the parties agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
[Company Representative`s Name] [Employee`s Name]