LEADING THE INDUSTRY IN TRENCHLESS EDUCATION
HammerHead Trenchless has the singular aim of providing unsurpassed support to our customers, including access to the training necessary for successful application of trenchless technology. Our commitment to that goal drove us to develop an innovative educational solution, the first of its kind in our industry: HammerHead University.
HammerHead University offers comprehensive training services for CIPP installers and other trenchless practitioners. HammerHead provides expert-led, hands-on training at our world class training facility in Lake Mills, Wisconsin, and continues to provide on-the-job training in the field. Our training services are customized to meet the needs of you and your crew.
We understand that the success of a project or business is dependent upon the competence of the crews on the job. Our mission is to support our customers by providing comprehensive and effective training to ensure your crews are ready.
Courses are led by former contractors, knowledgeable equipment specialists and experienced field technicians providing students access to unmatched applications expertise.
HammerHead University courses are formatted so that students spend time learning through hands-on training and practice using the equipment and materials they encounter in the field.
Every business is unique so we tailor each course to the specific needs of its participants. Crews that train with us will learn on the equipment they use and they'll practice scenarios they typically encounter on the job.
FOCUS ON FUNDAMENTALS
Our training curriculum and learning environment are designed to ground students in the fundamentals of the application and instill best practices resulting in consistent performance in the field.
CIPP INSTALLER CERTIFICATION
LEARN LATERAL CURED-IN-PLACED PIPE LINING
- Understand the fundamentals of the relining process including how to assess if a pipe is a candidate for CIPP, and discuss the benefits of relining vs replacement
- Learn the properties and selection of lining materials and the proper use of typical installation equipment
- Get hands-on practice going through the complete lining process: pipe preparation, liner wet-out, inversion, curing and inspection
- Gain experience using the latest CIPP technologies and equipment
- Learn application best practices including equipment maintenance, jobsite clean-up and safety
- LENGTH: 3 days
- MEALS: Lunches and dinners are provided
- LODGING: Students are responsible for their own travel and lodging
- TYPICAL CLASS SIZE: 2-8 students*
*We can accommodate up to 18 students. Contact us for more info!
GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT LINING CERTIFICATION COURSES:
customize your training course
Service Reinstatement | Drain Cleaning Tools | Point Repair | Epoxy Brush-Coating System | PortaBurst Pipe Bursting System
all lateral courses
HammerHead offers training on all HammerHead equipment and trenchless processes. Explore our lateral rehabilitation and replacement course offerings below:
HammerHead University offers a comprehensive, 3-day training course for CIPP Installers where crews can receive guided instruction and hands-on practice using HammerHead Lining Systems. Our training facility is designed to simulate real-world job scenarios within a controlled environment to help installers focus on the fundamentals of the application.
Learn proper procedures and best practices for installing sectional CIPP repairs. Receive guided instruction and hands-on practice going through point repair installation step-by-step.
- Understand how to determine if point repair is the right solution
- Discuss the various applications and use of point repairs
- Gain experience installing point repairs
- Learn job site skills including safety and equipment maintenance
Learn to renovate pipes with the Picote Brust-Coating system. Receive comprehensive training on the coating process from start to finish.
- Master the application technique with extensive hands-on practice
- Learn system set-up, pump prep and clean up
- Understand the uses and limitations of the product including ‘red flags’ – indicators that coating won’t solve the problem
Get trained on the set-up and use of Picote drain cleaning and reinstatement tools used in conjunction with their miller machines.
- Get hands-on practice using a range of Picote tools
- Learn how to properly set up the machine and assemble tooling elements
- Discuss options and how to select the right tool for the job
- Understand the machine and its capabilities including operator safety
Learn to replace pipes with the PortaBurst lateral bursting system . Our training center teaches bursting above ground so you can see the process and focus on learning proper procedures.
- Cover the basics including machine pit construction and support, launch pit requirements and de-watering
- Learn machine operation via controlled, hands-on simulations
- Discuss project considerations including how to match equipment and tooling to the job
- Learn how to handle potential project-stoppers
Our goal is to make sure you get the most our of your training so that’ why we’ll customize your training session to be exactly what you or your business needs.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR CURRICULUM BASED ON:
- Equipment you own and use
- Experience levels of the individuals on your crew
- Typical jobs or conditions your crews face in the field
- Any specific areas you want to focus on or issues you want to address
HAMMERHEAD UNIVERSITY TRAINING CENTER
NOW OPEN! THE STATE-OF-THE-ART HHU TRENCHLESS TRAINING FACILITY
Our new training facility, home of HammerHead University, is a two-story, 5000 square-foot dedicated space within our corporate headquarters in southern Wisconsin. Completed in September of 2018, it is designed to provide hands-on learning opportunities in a distraction-free environment for trenchless contractors, installers, project engineers, utility companies and municipal crews that use any HammerHead Trenchless product line. Courses are available in pipe ramming, pipe bursting and pipe slitting methods, lateral and vertical cured-in-place pipe (CIPP), pipe cleaning/preparation, and pipe casing and culvert spot repair.
THE HHU TRAINING CENTER ALLOWS STUDENTS TO...
- Gain practical experience without the risks and liability of a job site
- See below-ground operations in staged real-world scenarios for visual understanding of the process
- Simulate various job site conditions to study the effects before facing it in the field
- Gain a deeper level of knowledge and understanding resulting in consistent performance and productivity
COMPREHENSIVE TRENCHLESS TRAINING SOLUTIONS
HammerHead proudly offers training courses in a wide range of trenchless products and processes beyond lateral rehabilitation. We provide trenchless contractors, installers, project engineers, utility companies and municipal crews access to training on any HammerHead Trenchless product line. Additional courses available include:
- Static & Pneumatic Pipe Bursting
- Pipe Ramming
- Gas Line Slitting
- Mainline CIPP Lining
- Pneumatic Piercing Tools
- Rock Hammers for HDD Applications
GET MORE INFO!
The needs of your team and your business are unique so we offer tailor-made training services. We will work with you to customize the curriculum of your training session(s) to make sure you group achieves your learning objects and develops the necessary skills to be successful. Please submit the form below for more information about HammerHead training solutions.